July 10, 2019 Lunch and Learn 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail.
A lack of necessary documents or outdated documents can be very costly, inconvenient, and in some cases, with results that are contrary to what a person might ultimately want after they have passed. Join the experts from Jordan Balkema Elder Law Center as they explain what wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and patient advocate agreements are and why they are so important.The JBELC team will also touch briefly on long-term care and how planning ahead for that can be a big relief to clients, as well as their family.
This event will take place atHampton Inn15320 Waldron WayBig Rapids
RSVP is required by calling (231) 796-7649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch and Learns typically take place on the second Wednesdays of the month and run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted). Location changes based on the speaker and the topic, and dates are subject to change, so be sure to check the calendar for details.
Have an idea for a lunch and learn?
Many of these educational seminars are free to attend and are the Chamber's way to give back to our members! We do our best to choose relevant topics but welcome any feedback about a subject that you would like to learn more about! Just contact the Chamber with your idea and we will try to make it happen!
Are you interested in sharing your knowledge about a subject? Contact the Chamber and let us know if you would be interested in donating your time to help educate our community!
Here is our lineup for 2019!
- January 9: Making Those New Year’s Resolutions Work, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 13: Small Business Association of Michigan and Marijuana Policy, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- March 13: Cyber Security, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- April 10: Mental Health First Aid, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- May 8: Maximize Your Membership, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- June 12: Results vs. Relationships, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- July 10: Estate Planning, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- August 14: Workplace Safety and Active Shooter Preparedness, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- September 11: Financial Freedom, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- October 9: TBD, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- November 13: TBD, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- December 11: TBD, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.